What is your role in this World Heritage Site?
Make the Lavaux region known through our wines and services! My husband and I are winegrowers in Grandvaux and we also offer wine tastings, table d'hôtes and a holiday apartment. We were the first wine cellar certified Oenotourism in the canton of Vaud. Our presence on different fairs in German-speaking Switzerland and our participation in the "Landfrauenküche / SRF bi de Lüt 2019" gives a wide visibility on our region.
What does the World Heritage mean to you? What is your relationship with it?
An acknowledgement of the hard work of the everyday winemaker. This region is dear to us and it amazes us every day!
What is the best season to visit the region and why?
Spring for the colours that come alive and the vine that begins to grow and autumn for the subtle play of colours and the approaching harvest.
What's your favorite place? Do you have any special advice?
- Viewpoint next to the Restaurant Tout un Monde, you have a view from Nyon to Le Bouveret (180°)
- Walking along the SBB line from Grandvaux to Bossière, a magnificent walk.
- Don't hesitate to stop in one of the cellars or a wine growers' cellar.
What activities would you particularly recommend?
- Walk in the vineyards with or without a guide
- Cruise on the lake with CGN boats
- Chaplin Mussée in Vevey
- Olympic Museum in Lausanne